Servicing of mechanical components
Servicing the mechanical components is an integral part of operating a hydroelectric plant and the work is carried out at the intervals specified in the owner’s maintenance schedules. This service focuses on the inspection of large-diameter safety equipment, such as globe valves, butterfly valves, injectors, pumps and Francis turbines. Multiple skills are required and they permit the complete servicing of safety equipment according to the supplier’s requirements.
- recording of constructive and historical data of a mechanism.
- evaluation by the mechanical engineers of the parts in need of improving.
- logistical organisation for on-site intervention and transport.
- complete dismantling of the mechanism.
- evaluation of the condition of the parts and work to be carried out together with the client.
- drafting and updating of drawings.
- servicing of the components including non-destructive testing (VT, MT, PT, UT), weld repairs (TIG, MAG/MIG, electrodes, …), machining to restore original dimensions, sandblasting and anti-corrosion protection.
- reassembling the mechanism, carrying out pressure checks and functional tests.
- submission of complete documentation (reports, schedules and procedures).
HYDRO Exploitation has over 50 years of experience in the configuration and operation of different types of hydraulic units. The company has a team of engineers specialised in materials and design as well as qualified mechanics. We have all the equipment necessary for this type of work and our Assembly Team is ready to come on site to dismantle, reassemble and commission your safety mechanism.
Our client benefits from the following advantages:
- an objective analysis of the situation.
- a turnkey service with on-site interventions.
- an engineering department that can anticipate potential problems and provide specific proposals to rectify and improve these.
- benefit from our latest technology and processes resulting from our experience in operating plants, which can ultimately extend the service life of the components.