This Workshop brings together all the skills previously sourced from the former Alp Hydro facilities at Chippis and the Grande Dixence workshops of Les Haudères and Z’Mutt under one roof at Martigny. Our colleagues provide all the services needed to maintain and service impellers and turbine wheels (Francis, Pelton, Kaplan), as well as their component parts, whatever their dimensions. This work is carried out in Martigny, but can also be done on site, for example, for polishing a turbine wheel.
- evaluation of the extent of wear and costing for the repairs.
- repair procedures for the turbine wheels, turbine parts and pumps.
- removal of the anti-abrasion coating by sandblasting (if required).
- resurfacing by MIG/MAG, TIG welding.
- machining, grinding and polishing or hydraulic profiles according to a template or 3D scan.
- non-destructive testing using MT and PT procedures.
- heat treatment for parts up to Ø 3800 mm.
- static and dynamic balancing.
- application of anti-abrasion coating (if required).
The experts at HYDRO Exploitation have specialist know-how acquired over many years of experience in operating hydroelectric plants, regardless of their size or output. The company has qualified mechanics, grinding and welding specialists whose skills are verified through the ISO 3834 certification for welding processes.
In order to diversify our activities, we have been certified according to the standard EN15085-2 since 2017, which authorises us to carry out welding repairs on railway equipment.
Our client benefits from the following advantages:
- a single point of contact for the maintenance and repair of his installations, both in the workshop and on site.
- quality of welding service guaranteed by the ISO 3834 and EN15085-2 certifications.
- support and advice from engineers at HYDRO Exploitation for specific services.